Sunday, June 3, 2012

Queen Elizabeth II

Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth. I love the way you know who you are. I love that you are a strong female leader who has given her life to the service of others. Politics aside, you are a great mentor. It cannot be easy living your whole life so publicly. You're presence, your grace, your dignity and your strength inspire me. I hope your family spoils you rotten. You deserve it. x

My favourite photographs were captured by Annie Liebovitz. She is the light queen. x




Always in the public spotlight, its easy to forget that famous people are still people after all. x

Queen Elizabeth I was herself an inspiration. Born to lead. 

Strength, dignity, sovereign.

Andy Warhol's print. What I wouldn't give for one of these!



Today my husband and I are child-free, thanks to a doting grandfather who has freed us of our boys. We are heading up to Trash Palace for a dig around with a princely sum of $20, a walk along the beach and a decent cup of coffee. What are you doing for this auspicious occasion. I am making cake tonight for my boys. A chocolate affair with lashings of cream, yoghurt and boysenberries. A restful way to spend the Queens Birthday after a busy weekend teaching at Handmade 2012. I shall write more on that later. Enjoy your day. x

1 comment:

carole brungar said...

Hi Rach! Lovely post :) And I am keen to hear how it went at Handmade! x