Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Good Life.

A wee pastoral scene in Pauatahanui. One of New Zealand's main exports (after New Zealanders moving to Australia that is) are sheep. Nothing like a lamb roast, baked kumara, potatos, peas and mint sauce and gravy. Yum.

Did you know that sheep have big balls (I didn't)... but once the men in my family pointed this out to me, suddenly i saw them everywhere. We are very urban. A story about carrots ... Visiting with friend's on their lifestyle block just north of Wellington, my son ran to me (he was about four at the time) saying "Mum, Mum, they put their carrots in the ground!" Of course, because where we come from veges and fruit come in nice clean bags from the supermarket don't they and when we get home, we put ours in the fridge. Silly country folk.

No comments: